While talking to the driver an odor of burnt marijuana was detected. The driver was identified as William Galbraith, 47, and his passenger was identified as Katie Norrick, 22, both from Oakland City. Troopers searched Galbraith and found a small amount of marijuana in his jacket pocket. Galbraith resisted arrest by pulling away from Sergeant Werkmeister, but he was handcuffed without further incident. A further search of the vehicle revealed more marijuana, two glass pipes used to smoke methamphetamine and two baggies containing meth.
Galbraith and Norrick were arrested and taken to the Posey County Jail where they are currently being held on bond.
ARRESTED AND CHARGES:
• William Edward Galbraith, 47, Oakland City, IN
1. Possession of Meth, Class D Felony
2. Possession of Marijuana, Class A Misdemeanor
3. Possession of Paraphernalia, Class A Misdemeanor
4. Resisting Law Enforcement, Class A Misdemeanor
• Katie Renee Norrick, 22, Oakland City, IN
1. Possession of Marijuana with a Prior, Class D Felony
2. Possession of Paraphernalia, Class A Misdemeanor
Arresting Officers: Sergeant Russ Werkmeister and Trooper Wes Alexander, Indiana State Police
Assisting Officers: Trooper Brandon Deig, Posey County Deputy Dan Montgomery and Posey County Deputy Josh Brock
SOURCE: Indiana State Police